Roman Tile Pattern Question [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Roman Tile Pattern Question

gummybear
02-26-2008, 06:11 AM
I am using tumbed stone tile on my shower walls. It is a roman tile pattern where random sizes of 2x2, 2x4 and 4x4 tile have been set on a 12" x 12" sheet. My question is since each sheet is repetitive with the same random pattern, does it matter whether from an aesthetic standpoint whether I orient each sheet in the same direction so that the pattern repeats, or should I rotate sheets randomly so that the pattern does not repeat? Same question on the coursing, should I stack sheets on top of each other or stagger the course. Didn't know whether there was some standard protocall for this type of random pattern. Thanks for any advice from anyone who has set this type of tile.

Sponsored Links

jim mclaughlin
02-26-2008, 06:20 AM
Please give a first name. Check the box for installation patterns and suggestions. If none give us the manufacturer / series.

gummybear
02-26-2008, 06:30 AM
Yes, the only information on the box label is "Roman Pattern Travertine Mosaics", "Made in Turkey" Code 751. No installation instructions included. Any ideas?.

Thanks, Jimmy.

ceramictec
02-26-2008, 06:42 AM
Hi Jimmy,

with any pattern mounted on sheets or not I would keep the pattern flowing by making sure it repeats.

I would select a tile on the corner of the sheet at keep installing them to one side in same direction.

can you post a picture of your sheet?