anyone have any experience with mk diamond 660 wet saw? [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : anyone have any experience with mk diamond 660 wet saw?

jaxkewl
02-25-2008, 05:37 PM
i've been reading that its one of the quieter mk products. i know a lot of them are really noisy, i was wondering if its worth the $600 price tag. I've been considering this mk 660 over the Felker because i heard the felker had more "plastic" parts.

SPECS..

Quiet running motor at 3500 rpm delivers fast cutting on tile up to 14 in. Chrome guide bar, linear bearing assembly for precise alignment/cutting. Advanced Braking System stops the blade quickly.

Chrome guide-bar and linear-bearing assembly ensures precise alignment/cutting
Compact and lightweight with carrying handles for easy transportation
Lightweight cast aluminum for rigidity and strength
Hinged Blade Guard for easy blade changes and maintenance inspection
1 pc. reinforced zinc-plated steel frame with carrying handles
Specially designed, advanced braking system (ABS) assists stopping the blade quickly
High-impact removable thermoplastic water reservoir
High-volume, fully submersible thermally protected water pump
Includes 7 in. MK-100 wet cutting diamond blade, water pump, adjustable rip guide, stand

-martin

Sponsored Links

matman
02-25-2008, 06:49 PM
I've owned my 660 for 10, 12 yrs. maybe longer. I just replaced the brushes this past fall of 07, first attention it has ever needed. It's fairly quiet and cuts well for its size. Overall I give it high marks. It's not a big saw, nor is it really a small saw, which depending on your point of view might be its weakness.

Cut alotta tile with that saw, still hummin along. :)

jaxkewl
02-25-2008, 07:43 PM
thanks. i havent heard much talk of specific mk modesl on this forum. maybe its cause there are so many models of mk its hard to talk about them. i just read that the 370's are noisy.

jaxkewl
02-26-2008, 09:53 AM
last effort bump? :)