1/8" (3mm) ceramic tile? [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : 1/8" (3mm) ceramic tile?

solepro
02-23-2008, 12:47 PM
Hi,
Congratulations for the forum, people.
I make mosaic works with several products (glass, mirror, venetian glass,etc), but I haven't found 1/8" ceramic tiles, witch was the kind of tiles that I used to work with in my home country.
Any of you have an idea of where to find some of them, with plain colors son I can create my own designs?
Cheers,
Sole.

Sponsored Links

Brad Denny
02-23-2008, 12:54 PM
Hi and Welcome, Sole.
If you are a pro, slide over to the Professional's Hangout and give us an intro. Here the only Daltile product I could quickly find that's less than a 1/4". http://daltileproducts.com/series.cfm?series=207&

solepro
02-23-2008, 11:24 PM
Hi Brad,
Thank you very much for the link. I've found another tiles with that thickness before, but what I'm looking is specifically the 1/8 tile, but also bigger in size, let's say 4x4" or more, so I can cut it into big shapes.
Thanks again, and I look forward for more ideas!

John Bridge
02-24-2008, 08:15 AM
Hi and welcome, :)

Please give us a first name, and please do stop by the Professionals' Hangout and say hi.

I don't know your home country, but I do recall that H&R Johnson tiles are/were a little better than 3 mm thick. At one time the bisques were produced in England and glazed here in the States. H&R Johnson is an Australian company. :)

solepro
02-24-2008, 01:25 PM
Hi John, my name is Sole.
I'm from Chile, I used to use very colorful tiles, produced in Argentina and glazed in Chile.
So, I checked that company, they do have some 4mm tiles, but they are small in size. They also have a very colorful line, but tiles are thicker. The thing is that all my other materials are 3 mm thick.
So, I'm gonna save that link for future or special projects, that, if a find a place to buy it!
Thanks guys, and I'll check the Proffesionals' Hangout.