Punctured my liner [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Punctured my liner

John Deere Boy
02-22-2008, 08:18 PM
So I pretty much violated rule #1 and dropped a tile that managed to miss the towel on the floor and put a tiny hole in the liner near the wall. Wouldn't be a problem if i hadn't thrown away the scrap pvc weeks ago (D'oh!) The nearest home depot is 30 miles away, so i am wondering if it is safe to patch it with another method.

1, Just smear x15 over the hole.
2, Smear x15 over it and patch with rubber
3, Silicone
4, Silicone and rubber patch.
5, ?

Yeah none of these are ideal, and i will procure a piece of liner if i *have to*.

Sponsored Links

Davy
02-22-2008, 08:50 PM
Hi Trent, I'm not sure how close you are to finishing the walls but I would go ahead and get the walls grouted and finished up. Maybe by then you will need something else at HD and might need to make the trip anyway.

How bout a plumbing shop, got one in your area? :)

e3
02-22-2008, 08:58 PM
send me a PM with your address and Ill send ya a scrape piece for a patch.

scuttlebuttrp
02-22-2008, 09:17 PM
Are you too far along to steal a piece from the face of the curb or the top of the liner along the wall?

ceramictec
02-22-2008, 09:54 PM
Royce has a good Idea,

or unscrew the cement board at the corner and cut a piece out of where you did the "fold" at.

Shaughnn
02-22-2008, 10:32 PM
Trent,
Eric's got you covered. I doubt that you could "steal" enough to adequately cover the puncture as you'll need to oversize the patch by quite a bit. After Eric's very generous offer, I think Davy's is the next reasonable alternative. Weren't you thinking about getting a new dimmer switch and some tool pegs for the garage????
Shaughnn

John Deere Boy
02-23-2008, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the ideas, and for the offer, Eric. I will check out a plumbing store Monday and if they don't have it, i'll take your offer.

And I'm done with the walls and curb, the tile i dropped was one of the last ones lol.

John Deere Boy
03-06-2008, 03:26 PM
Alright I patched up the liner and this job is almost over with! I grouted the bathroom floor (not the shower yet) and have typical whitish patches in the grout that always plague me. I read Dave Gobis' article and tried "dry grouting" and cleaning with burlap, but the tile is so textured there was no way i could clean it up without breaking out the sponge. :( So I used Aquamix Stone Enhancer and it helped a lot. Can i also use the stone enhancer on the shower, or do i need to use something with "sealer" or "impregnator" in the name, like Enrich n Seal?

edit: The Stone Enhancer technical sheet says it is a "penetrating sealer", and that's what i want in my shower, right?