Coated Concrete Pan [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Coated Concrete Pan

Makrel
02-21-2008, 12:43 PM
I'm in the process of my first mortar bed KERDI shower and was thinking about the steep slope from the front of the shower (offset drain 12" from the front) and had recently seen what I can only describe as a coated concrete shower pan with tile walls. It was not slick as it had a sandy texture to it which was probably a non-slip additive. I'm just really concerned about tiling the steep slope in the front of the shower with 1-by or 2-by sheets of tiles. I don't know what smaller almost mosaic tiles would cost, but I know they're more than my 2-by's.

If a coated concrete 'pan' were to be used (over KERDI, mind you), would a high-quality epoxy coating with non-slip additive be sufficient in making a water proof/resistant surface like a ceramic tile would provide? I'm just thinking that it would be a better solution than tile...

Feelings, Suggestions, songs?

-Mike

Sponsored Links

ceramictec
02-21-2008, 05:44 PM
move yer drain.

koihito
02-22-2008, 06:23 AM
Try looking at:

http://www.surecretedesign.com/productssstex.html[/URL]

You'd have to talk to them about it's durability in a shower environment (because I haven't), but I've made acid stained concrete tiles I intend to use in a shower and have toyed with the idea of trying a matching acid stained overlay for the floor if I went with Kerdi (which I prefer).