Is this Kerdi Fix ok [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Is this Kerdi Fix ok

baf3472
02-21-2008, 11:04 AM
I just finished the install in my kerdi shower for the second time. While cutting out the drain opening i cut it alittle too big. Instead of just cutting a new piece, I installed it anyway. I decied to cut another piece of kerdi and install it over the existing with the correct drain opening. Is this ok?? It was only cut about 1/2" bigger all the way around. Im just concerned about the new piece of kerdi being higher than the exisiting piece and building up water around that edge. Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links

ddmoit
02-21-2008, 11:09 AM
Hi Tommy,

I can't tell you for certain that it won't work, but I wouldn't recommend it. A 2" overlap is necessary for a job in which you could have complete confidence.

If you're worried about thickness, order some Kerdi Band. It's thinner than Kerdi.

baf3472
02-21-2008, 11:24 AM
Its overlapped by about 6 inches on all sides. I might have to post a picture so theres no confusion. Im just concerned that there is a piece of kerdi about 16" x 16" around the drain on top of the full sheet of kerdi covering the shower pan. Thanx for the help.

baf3472
02-21-2008, 12:04 PM
Heres what i did hope this works
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/baf3472/ShowerFloor.jpg

baf3472
02-21-2008, 06:03 PM
A little bump

Brian in San Diego
02-21-2008, 10:22 PM
Tommy,

Your drawing is too small for my eyes to read the "fine" print, but I get the gist of what you did. You'll be fine. I would make sure the edge is "feathered out" with thinset so there isn't a "bump" the water has to go over to get to the drain...because it won't.

Brian