Replacing deco insert in kitchen backsplash [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Replacing deco insert in kitchen backsplash

ReganMarie
02-19-2008, 05:05 PM
Hi,

I am in the process of removing eleven (11) 2" x 2" decorative tiles from my kitchen backsplash. I believe they are granite, and are set on the diagonal in between 6" x 6" stone field tile. I removed one this afternoon and, although I was very careful, there was some tearing to the wallboard. I'm not sure that the wallboard is in tact enough to sustain the weight of the new tile insert I am wanting to install. Any advice as to what I can do to give the new tile something to adhere to? Can I patch this section somehow? Ugh...I'm afraid this will be a problem with all 11 tiles. Or, any advice regarding removal so that this doesn't happen? Thanks.

Sponsored Links

Rd Tile
02-19-2008, 05:10 PM
Depends on how much comes out with each piece, but seeing they are only small inserts, just mush em in with thinset and grout em, shouldn't go anywhere.:)

ReganMarie
02-19-2008, 10:09 PM
Thank you....Okay. I will give it a shot tomorrow and let you know how it comes out. Or doesn't. Ha! Thank you so much. :)

Marge
02-19-2008, 11:11 PM
Regan Marie, welcome to the forum. :)

I'd do like Richie suggested. Those tiles are small and not being walked upon...should work fine.

If not, it's Richie's fault. But he might blame Alex.... :D

Please let us know how it works out for you. And we like pitchers too. :)