Tile Variation [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Tile Variation

cdickson
02-26-2003, 03:39 PM
I have been reading up on tile variation and I have a question. When you have a tile with a pattern printed on it and the pattern is the same on all the tiles is it normal to have some of them look blurry. The best way to describe it is that some look like they are in focus and others look like a double exposure. The kind that gives you a headache if you look at it for to long. Is this normal? I know it is normal to be able to see the dots from the printing of the pattern but this looks like a mistake.

Sponsored Links

John Bridge
02-26-2003, 05:02 PM
Courtney, when you say pattern do you mean like a swirl? You don't mean a geometric pattern, do you?

If your tiles were done with only one "stamp," meaning all tiles are exactly the same, it means they are cheap. Better tiles will sport at least two and sometimes three stamps in the same box. This gives you an opportunity to make the installation look really random.

Anyway, if you only have one stamp, they are cheap tiles, and I'm not surprised at the blurs.