floor grout blues - floor scrubber? [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : floor grout blues - floor scrubber?

hald
01-29-2003, 09:30 AM
Recently I purchased a large rectangular white floor sanding pad from Lowe's. The pad is used for putting a high gloss finish on wood floors. I cut it into small pieces to remove grout haze and it did an excellent job. I also cut a round piece and fixed it to a auto polisher I got at Home Depot for $20. I used it to remove haze on a counter top. I have thought about using the pad on a small Hoover carpet cleaner to clean haze on floor tile. I was wondering if anyone else has used these or similar methods? This might be a solution for haze on floor tiles. - Hal

Sponsored Links

flatfloor
01-29-2003, 10:19 AM
Hi Hal, necessity is the other of invention. Who knows, you may have found something. :)

tileguytodd
01-29-2003, 03:10 PM
Actually, the method has been around for quite sometime. On particularly nast quarry and or porcelain jobs. Throw a little silica sand out on the floor before buffing. Cuts the haze that much faster :)

Derek & Jacqui
01-29-2003, 05:40 PM
We have been using one for sometime. Wefound it in a dumpster. the brushes were worn flat, but it worked and it does a great job.:D

John Bridge
01-29-2003, 07:58 PM
Hi Hal, Welcome. :)

Sonnie Layne
01-30-2003, 04:43 AM
I like the car polisher with the white scotchbright... at least when my daughter's in town, haha :) Why do anything standing up when you can do it on your daughters knees??? :D

Makes her feel like she's earned her money. ;)