Tiling under appliances [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Tiling under appliances

eman
01-27-2003, 09:06 PM
We're pulling up our vinyl and putting down ceramic tile. I'm going to move the refridgerator and place tile there, but what about the stove and dishwasher? Is it best to pull these appliances out too and tile the floor beneath them or leave them be and lay tile up to their edges ?

Sponsored Links

Jason_Butler
01-27-2003, 09:16 PM
What ever is easier for you. If you already have then removed, you might as well tile under them. Just make sure there is enough height to get the dishwasher out if necessary. I guess if you can get it in after tile, getting it out is possible:D

For dishwashers and stoves that are still installed, I tile up to them.

Jason

LEXX
01-27-2003, 09:19 PM
Stove yes, dishwasher just lift the plate in front up a little and tile under the plate then lower it down and you are done. Glad you have choosen to take up the vinyl.

Lexx, Tile on...

eman
01-27-2003, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the prompt replies. Yes I have chosen to pull up the original flooring (sheet vinyl). I posted a question on this a few days ago and I'm convinced that pulling up the vinyl and tiling on the concrete slab is the way to go. I have not removed any appliances yet, as the installer has about a month's worth of work before he gets to me. Lexx you said yes to removing the stove, but just go a little under the dishwasher. Is it because the stove is easier to remove ? I'm not certain whether the current vinyl tile floor goes all the way underneath the applainces - but I think it does. We had this house built and if memory serves me well the vinyl went down before the appliances. If that's the case, should I then absolutely remove all the appliances and vinyl ?

tileguytodd
01-28-2003, 01:27 AM
Is your stove a built in or does it slide in and out?? If it slides in, remoe it and tile underneath.The dishwasher is most likely a built in. Do as above post says. I hope your vinyl comes out nice and easy for you. :)

eman
01-28-2003, 12:59 PM
Me too - thanks. This website and forum has been very helpful and I appreciate all of your input,