We're Back!! [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : We're Back!!

davem
01-24-2003, 09:10 PM
Hey everyone, we've had a rough day, but we're back. We are now on a very powerful server, so we shouldn't see the slowdowns we were having. Thanks for bearing with us. :)

Forgot to mention, you're all probably gonna have to logon again to update your cookies. Easiest spot I've found is on the bottom right of the "Home" page.

Sponsored Links

cx
01-24-2003, 09:16 PM
Well, once again, you da man, Dave! :):):)

Working faster than my can-and-string connection has ever seen. Can I carry that rock for you, sir? :D

John Bridge
01-24-2003, 09:51 PM
I'd like to publicly thank Dave M. for carrying us through this minor crisis. We stole a lot of time from his remodeling project. Somehow we'll have to make it up. I somehow think more unpaid vacation isn't gonna get it. ;)

We are on something very close to a dedicated server now. In fact, it has our name: "tile.johnbridge.com" We can host our two web sites and another half dozen, so line up at the door if you want Dave to host your site. ;)

For those who don't already know what happend, we actually overloaded the old server yesterday afternoon and caused it to crash. The host then suspended our site in order to save the rest of the sites that are on there.

We have a lot of room to operate now, and we don't anticipate any problems for quite some time.

So get out your tools, and let's get back to work! :D

e3
01-25-2003, 11:09 AM
that was like going "cold turkey"

leeshuck
01-25-2003, 12:54 PM
I'd be wondering about your hosting service provider - they should be doing ongoing performance monitoring to predict loads and plan accordingly. Didn't you just switch recently?

Glad to see you back up, though!

Just my opinion.

Lee