12x12 Granite In Shower / Spacing Question [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : 12x12 Granite In Shower / Spacing Question

Bakstge
01-23-2003, 02:56 PM
Since tghis forum is so awesome and has helped me on another question, I have decided to throw away all my books and get the info I need right here. On to the question:

I am doing 12x12 Granite in a tub shower (3 walls and a ceiling) what is the recommended spacing (if any) I have been told use a toothpick in between tiles or do we just butt the tiles together. These tiles do have the slight beveled edge on them. Pros and Cons of each would be helpful.

Sponsored Links

tileguytodd
01-24-2003, 10:16 PM
Grout spacing for marble is 1/8" standard.Grout to bottom of bevel.
I have used a 1/16" space,however it has to be exceptionally good marble(we are not talking big box store marble here)Use an unsanded grout and exert pressure to fill those joints.The smaller the joint, the harder it is to grout.Good lighting helps immensly for a quality marble job!!!

phughes200
01-26-2003, 02:53 PM
Also the smaller the grout the less wiggy room there is for correcting your lines (I know the pros don't have that problem but some of us DYIer do on occasion).