Inside Corner Grout Method for Wall Tile [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Inside Corner Grout Method for Wall Tile

bheinack
01-23-2003, 12:40 PM
I was interested in seeing what the prefered method for laying tiles along inside corners.

Do you?

1) Place 1 tile all the way to the inside corner of the CBU and stop the next tile a grout width apart

2) Stop each tile 1/2 of the grout width from the corner of the CBU and caulk 45 degrees up the corner

I hope I can get a good answer to this. I know my explanation could be better.

Thanks in advance,

Sponsored Links

John Bridge
01-25-2003, 01:30 PM
Welcome. Sorry it took us so long to recognize you. You had a little server problem. :)

I wonder if you'd give us a first name. ;)

You tile almost to the backer board in one direction and then stop the other wall tile a bit short of that first wall. Number 1.

tileguytodd
01-25-2003, 01:31 PM
When standing facing into the shower area,Tile back wall first. Bring side wall tiles into back wall leaving a 1/16" - 1/8" Grout line. you can caulk these corners before you grout so long as you leave enough set up time for the caulk to cure.

bheinack
01-27-2003, 08:01 PM
Thanks for getting back to me. This is a few days late since there were some pretty bad problems with the Internet this weekend.

This is kind-of how I thought to do it. This is for standard wall tile, not within a shower. Is it appropriate to leave about 1/4" behind each tile and caulk 45 degrees up the corner?

Brian

John Bridge
01-28-2003, 06:13 PM
Hi Brian,

Yes, we were just getting over our server problem and then the worm came along. I understand it only affected Microsoft stuff though. :)

I wouldn't leave more than a sixteenth if you're using standard wall tiles. More is not better when it comes to caulking.