Caulk - DAP KWIK SEAL [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Caulk - DAP KWIK SEAL

bfd
01-22-2003, 07:57 PM
Doeas anyone have an opinion on using DAP KWIK SEAL or DAP KWIK SEAL PLUS (w/Microban) as a caulk for caulking intersecting planes in a shower?

thanks
brian d

Sponsored Links

Bud Cline
01-22-2003, 08:40 PM
What kind of an opinion are you looking for?

I'm familiar with Microban and can tell you the product works and works well. You can now find Microban in plastics used in childrens toys, paint, etc.

I'm not sure what it's life span is when added to these products though.

John Bridge
01-23-2003, 07:21 AM
Don't know. Is that one of it's listed applications?

bfd
01-24-2003, 09:40 PM
John/Bud - thanks for the replies. Here's the DAP product info for the Kwik Seal Plus:

Product Description:
DAP® KWIK SEAL PLUSÒ Easy Caulk with MicrobanÒ Protection fights the growth of stain and odor-causing
bacteria and mildew on the caulk. The advanced MicrobanÒ Antimicrobial Product Protection
neutralizes bacterial and fungal growth where it lives and breeds. This means that the caulk is easier to keep
clean and stays cleaner between cleanings. The easy-to-use aerosol can requires no caulking gun and gives
perfect control for a smooth, consistent bead. Caulk in any direction with professional results, even in those
hard to reach spots. KWIK SEAL PLUSÒ Easy Caulk is a premium grade adhesive caulk formulated with
silicone additives to provide maximum adhesion and flexibility for a watertight seal. Provides easy water clean-up
and low odor. Backed by a Crack-Proof Guarantee.

Applications include tubs, sinks, shower stalls, toilets, countertops, etc.

find it at www.dap.com

I am considering using it to caulk my newly tiled shower. It looks like a good product.
thanks brian

John Bridge
01-25-2003, 01:43 PM
Looks like a winner to me. DAP is certainly a good name.