Sealer not sealing? [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Sealer not sealing?

bbolts
01-15-2003, 11:37 PM
I sealed my granite tiles and the tumbled marble with 515 Impregnator (I know that name has spawned a thousand jokes, no pun intended) and I see that my granite tiles and the backsplash tiles still darken when they get wet. Is that supposed to happen? Have I not used enough sealer? And if I like the darker look, is it too late to put on something else on top of that sealer to enhance the color a bit? Just wondering. Thanks so much!
Brenda

Sponsored Links

kemguru
01-16-2003, 12:18 AM
if your granite is polished you should not enhance it. try to apply more seal. use a tile sponge and flood the surface with seal. soak up excess, then buff clean with a dry cloth.

as long as your marble still darkens when wet, it is not sealed. then you can apply an enhancer.

Best

Tim

shawnee
01-17-2003, 10:21 AM
Tim, does that go for grouting also. I have sealed the grout but noticed that it still gets darker when wet:bang: needs more sealer right???? Thanks.

kemguru
01-17-2003, 02:21 PM
Correct ;)

Apply as instructed, if it still darkens 72 hours after application of seal its time to buy another product. 511 has always been a good product, but times change, who knows. Most here like AquaMix.

Your welcome

Best

Tim