Not tile but.... [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Not tile but....

james1428
01-12-2003, 07:55 AM
Saw on "Trading Spaces" last night a new (?) product being used....wallpaper made out of super-thin real wood veneer....not '"wood-look" vinyl....searched the 'net to no avail (on where to find it), and the "Trading Spaces" web-site says they don't answer decorating questions...so..thought I would take a chance and see if anyone out there could direct me to a source. Appreciate it!

Sponsored Links

Cami A
01-12-2003, 08:31 AM
Well, Trading Spaces being home of moss walls and astroturf bedspreads, is there any chance they used "iron-on" veneer (http://www.tapeease.com/hot_melt_sheets.htm) that's typically used for furniture? They never use anything as intended. :D:D:D

james1428
01-12-2003, 08:36 AM
Yeah, didn't you love the moss on the walls!
No...this was real wallpaper made out of real wood...appllied just like regular old wallpaper.
Will make a trip to the "fancy" wallpaper store to see what they know, but just was hoping I could check it out on the web.
Maybe someone knows who makes this.

drew
01-12-2003, 10:10 AM
moss on the walls? Sounds like my first apartment in florida, had the geckos to go with it. :) I was young, it was cheap, seemed like home at the time.

Cisco
01-12-2003, 10:36 AM
I have seen real sheet wood veneers with a peel and stick backing. I dont think real wood could hold using water based wallpaper adhesive without warping.

Cisco...