How-to questions shelf & ceiling [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : How-to questions shelf & ceiling

bfreilich
03-09-2007, 05:53 PM
Friends,

Some questions I've been wondering about.

To install a corner soap dish in a new 36X36 shower, is there any trick? I will go all the way to ceiling with 8X10 white tiles, probably with thinset, not adhesive. New hardi-backer everywhere. Thinset instructions say don't use for soap dish, same for adhesive instructions. Do they only mean the old style wash rag/soap dishes usually used as safety grabs? Is thinset fine, just cut out for recesses of shelf?

What do I use for attaching 36X36 ceiling (same 8X10 tiles) thinset? I did run a sheet of backerboard on the ceiling.

How dangerous is dust from rotozipping HardiBacker? Their disclaimers seem strict, but I will only do this a few times a year, not every day.

Thanks for your help

Bruce

Sponsored Links

ddmoit
03-09-2007, 06:01 PM
Welcome to the forum, Bruce.:)

There are some nice pichers of corner soap dishes scattered about this place. I'm sure someone will turn up a link soon.

Probably use thinset? You mean definitely, right? :stick:

I wouldn't make a habit of breathing that Hardibacker dust. Do your cutting outside, and stand upwind when you cut.