Rialto (Lowe's) uneven shine [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Rialto (Lowe's) uneven shine

Comb
03-09-2007, 12:12 AM
I purchased some 6x6 Terra Rialto tile from Lowe's for my first tile project. When I started my dry run, laying out the tile to see how everything will look, I noticed that the finish on the bullnose tiles does not quite match the regular tiles. The bullnose tiles seem to be slightly duller (less shiny) than the other tiles. Seems like a lot of people here have used the Rialto tiles, so hopefully you can help me. Should I be concerned about the difference in shine? Will the finish be evened out later in the installation process, or do I need to take the dull tiles back to the store and look for some that are as shiny as the standard tiles?

Thanks in advance.
Jon

Sponsored Links

muskymike
03-09-2007, 12:44 AM
Hi Jon, welcome! You could try to find the same match at the store. Most likely you got a different die lot.

Lazarus
03-09-2007, 01:16 AM
Jon~~

It's not all that uncommon (unfortunately) that you find a shading difference between tile and the "matching" bullnose.....(on many brands of tile.)

Tool Guy - Kg
03-09-2007, 01:52 AM
Welcome, Jon.

It's not unheard of for the bullnoses to be made in a completely different facility than the field tiles. It's a wonder some match at all.

Match the color & sheen now while you have a chance to do something about it. They sure won't change at all during the process of installation. :)

wahoo284
03-09-2007, 06:39 AM
I purchased it and there was a slight difference but nothing to noticeable

Comb
03-09-2007, 10:43 AM
Thanks for all the help everyone! I guess I'll take the bullnose pieces back to the store and try to find some that match better then.