scratch coat [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : scratch coat

tap
01-09-2003, 07:29 AM
what wet saw would you recommend for a remodelling contractor?

Sponsored Links

tap
01-09-2003, 07:33 AM
How long will staples last given that they will eventually rust? How come furring nails no longer seem to be used?

tap
01-09-2003, 07:36 AM
Does anyone have a photo and explanation of how to set the ss square metal drain plates, and how they are used and why?

tap
01-09-2003, 07:39 AM
scratch coat. What exactly is it when used in tiling?

tap
01-09-2003, 07:48 AM
Are there any videos, photos or detailed explanations of how to tile in sinks? Such as which sink types to use where and when and which sink types to avoid. What i would be interested in would be a detailed explanation, say, of removing the old sink and building up the counter top and mudding in either the old sink or a new sink. Plus a discussion of the problems associated with re-plumbing and fixing the sink.

bbcamp
01-09-2003, 08:17 AM
Hi Tap, Welcome Aboard! You got a first name we can use?

I combined all of your posts into a single thread. I hope you don't mind, but it helps us keep up with your project this way. It looks like you are doing some basic research. That's good, 'cause, for all things tile, you're in the right place!

We have a separate forum, called the Reference Liberry, where common topics are addressed. You'll find it at the bottom of the page in the Forum Jump box. Please check it out, maybe we've got something there you can use. We also have a Search feature at the top right of each page. You can search the whole site for threads containing key words you want to know about.

After you've poked around here for a while, and you still have questions, come back here to this thread, and we'll do our best to answer them.

If you are a remodeling professional, check out the Pros Hangout. Bring beer!

cx
01-09-2003, 09:28 PM
Hi, Tap, what Bob said. :)

Give us a name and location and some indication of what you're afixin' to do and your experience level so's we can all gang up and help.

As to your Q here and your email, I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "mudding in sinks". Are you gonna float a mud counter top and tile it, or do you have something else in mind here?

As to the plumbing part, I'll put that part of your email here so the others can comment too: "how would you overcome the difficulties of short faucet/fixture tails?" First we need to know the answer to the above question. If you are tiling a mud counter top and using a self-rimming lavatory with fixtures mounted directly on it, you shouldn't have any plumbing problems at all. If, instead, you plan to mount fixtures on the tiled surface, yes, there are considerations and we can help you with those.

And that's the only one of your questions I am qualified to comment on. Well, partially qualified, anyway. :)

So.........give us some hints and others will join in.