Is it possible to make a faux bathtub front [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to make a faux bathtub front

Pam_doggie
03-08-2007, 03:28 PM
Is it possible to make a faux bathtub front from 2'x4's, & cement board, finished with a tiled front and granite cap? My 1950's tub is dated by the cast iron front detail, I dreaming of a small deck with the faucets, spout, diverter & hand shower installed in the tub deck. Basically the look would be that of an undermount tub but the tub is a 3 wall alcove with a skirted front. Can this be done? Thanks in advance for advice. Pam

Sponsored Links

MudMaker
03-08-2007, 05:57 PM
Pam,
Welcome to the Forum... :)
It'd certainly be a lot better to put a new tub in and tile it so's ya have a great shower... One that you won't have to worry about the water getting over the rim and constantly setting on the deck..
Just my vote - others will follow...

Pam_doggie
03-09-2007, 11:43 AM
I agree with you. But in our case, we never use the tub or shower, it is the main bathroom in the house and it is cast iron and it is approximately 47" x 43" installed in an alcove. The tub has 2 seats in it... great for bathing children but not adults. The tub/shower would only be used if we had guests (very seldom). I wanted to do this primarily for looks... I was also thinking of having the tub reglazed. Any advice is most appreciated. Would you still rip it out if it was the only bathtub in your house and you could only replace it with the same tub anyway?