Where to find tile backer tape [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Where to find tile backer tape

lojoma
03-07-2007, 04:15 PM
Okay, neither Lowe's nor Depot have the alkali resistant tape for the CBU seams. They both told me to use drywall tape which I know isn't right. So where do I get it and does it have an exact (brand) name?

Thanks

Sponsored Links

Davestone
03-07-2007, 04:47 PM
Any (fiberglass) mesh tape is fine,National Gypsum,is one.

Marge
03-07-2007, 04:48 PM
Hi John,

HD and Lowes both carry the Alkalai resistant cbu tape (fiberglass mesh) and many people have been told, by their staffs, that they do not carry it. Go figure. I have seen it in the tile department near the cbu, sometimes near the spacers, sometimes by the little tile tools. It is generally a blue faced package and smaller than a roll of duct tape. It clearly states on the front of the package that it is alkalai resistant. I have a pitcher around here somewhere...let me go look.

Ahhh, here it is. Disregard the bovine resistant notation...that was a "special" project. ;)

lojoma
03-07-2007, 09:55 PM
Okay, you CAN'T just not tell us about the BOVINE RESISTANCE! :)

Bugman
03-08-2007, 05:48 AM
That's right, Marge, you opened the barn door. Now, For the Rest of the Story!

ddmoit
03-08-2007, 05:54 AM
I didn't use bovine resistant tape in my bathroom. Am I exposed to some kind of cow danger? :stupid2:

lou432
03-08-2007, 02:57 PM
Holy Cow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I`m bout ready to piss my pants laughing :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

Marge
03-08-2007, 03:20 PM
Before you need Depends.....

A few years ago worked on a project involving slate bears to be used in a wainscot. The bears were handmade by moi. There were many attempts before they actually looked like bears. Some so-called friends said they looked like swine at first. :o A certain regular on this forum (and that person better thank me for not embarrassing him further here) saw a pitcher of the final prototype and was so excited he proclaimed "from swine to bovine in one easy step"! The cbu pitcher was a dig at him. I'm actually still speaking to him. :D