hardibacker shower stall ceiling [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : hardibacker shower stall ceiling

rj97gixr
03-03-2007, 07:41 PM
Any ideas on putting ceramic tiles on the ceiling in the shower? As in how to get the tiles to stick to the ceiling.

Sponsored Links

Tool Guy - Kg
03-03-2007, 07:54 PM
Welcome new guy. We're a friendly bunch around here so throwing us a first name will get us to use it. You can click on my signature line and add your name to your sig line real easy. :)

Tile on the ceiling isn't a tough one. A trick is to use suction to your advantage by troweling a little extra thinset around the perimeter of your tiles before pressing into position. I used our search feature and grabbed the first thread that 'splains how to do it cause I'm getting typed-out for the day. Here it is (http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=9312). :)

LEXX
03-03-2007, 07:55 PM
When placing tiles on the ceiling you should back butter them one at a time.

When you do this and press the tile to the backer board on the ceiling it will create a suction that keeps it there until the thin set dries.

(Make your thin set a little thick for better sticking power)

However! If they are bigger then 12x12 you might need something more useable thin regular thin set.

Lexx
Tile on...

tileman2000
03-03-2007, 09:18 PM
I would back- butter the tiles like Lexx suggested and i use Ultra-Contact thinset,it's my preference and has always done me right...don't forget dampen the hardi with a sponge as you go.