Help with cracked/missing grout in shower [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Help with cracked/missing grout in shower

dopek9
03-03-2007, 10:13 AM
I just purchased a home in the south. The home is 8 years old. The home inspection missed some cracked/missing grout in the upstairs shower (tile floor). The area is about 2 inch long near the corner of the shower. There is some discoloration in the surrounding grout. Do I need to pull up the tile and check the shower pan or can I just re-grout the area? Thanks

Sponsored Links

Tool Guy - Kg
03-03-2007, 01:36 PM
Welcome, dopek9.

Hmmmm....a picher would be really helpful here. If this is nothing more than grout cracking out in a corner over a properly constructed pan, replacing the grout in the corners with a sealant would work fine. But if this is grout cracking is located out from a corner....that doesn't sound so innocent. A picher might clue us in to other problems that may be causing this.

If you need help posting a digital picture, you can find it in this article (http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=14926) that's in our Liberry.
If you haven't already noticed, we like to spell a little creatively, eh? :yeah: