Brand of thinset to use [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Brand of thinset to use

jhogue46140
01-31-2007, 08:35 PM
I just signed up for the forum. I have been reading posts here for a while. I am building a tiled shower and am planning on using the kerdi system. I have dowloaded John's book. I have a few questions. What brand of thinset would you reccomend for setting the kerdi membrane. I see that schluter reccommends unmodified thinset. I am installing it on hardi backer. Also should I use the same thinset for setting the tile. Thanks in advance for any help. Doug

Sponsored Links

MudMaker
01-31-2007, 09:02 PM
Welcome Doug,
I don't do Kerdi but it's a good system... I'll bump ya up.. :nod:

e3
01-31-2007, 09:27 PM
search the site here a bit ,you can find about 10000 threads on it.

01-31-2007, 10:17 PM
search the site here a bit ,you can find about 10000 threads on it.
:scratch: who does that? Too much work. :santa5:

sandbagger
02-01-2007, 12:05 AM
a depends a little on where you're going to buy it. But one thing for sure - whatever brand you get, don't go cheap. Most manufacturers make 2 or 3 grades - try to get their best grade. Unmodified is not expensive, and there IS a difference. :nod:

avoid CustomBlend. :drevil:

jhogue46140
02-01-2007, 08:56 PM
Thanks For the info. I am going to use unmodified thinset since I am doing the kerdi shower. I have purchased masterblend from custom building products. Does anyone know if this is a good brand of thinset. Thanks

MudMaker
02-02-2007, 08:40 AM
Howdy Doug,
Here is a thread on unmodifieds.. It is not the same application (Under Ply) but it gives you an idea of how the two Custom Building Products are perceived.. :rolleyes:

http://johnbridge.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45566&highlight=masterblend

an go to the UserCp above and put your name under edit signature so's we always know your name..... :yeah: