help with grout haze [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : help with grout haze

blasuv
07-15-2006, 08:51 PM
My husband put in a new ceramic floor in our entrance area in our gameroom. It looked great until after he grouted it. It does not look nice and clear but all smudged in places. From reading on the internet it seems to be what's called grout haze. We bought some sulfamic acid cleaner and applied it but nothing happened. It has been about 10 days--is it ruined? We are so disappointed. :( Can it be saved? Please help us. Thank you

Sponsored Links

DonB
07-15-2006, 09:05 PM
You applied it? [Yawn] Well what about soaking the tile with water for an hour then scrubbing it hard with an acid brush and the sufamic solution?

Don

JTG
07-15-2006, 09:35 PM
Go to a concrete supply house and get a jug of Surclean600
I WILL remove the haze. BE CAREFUL as it is powerful and if you get any on your clothers any shiny metal, plastic it will eat away at it.
Start with about a cup in a gallon of water. Scrub it in. Let is sit for fifteen minutes of so scrub again. If needs to be stronger add more to the water until it works.
Make sure and rinse, rinse, rinse, when done.
Good Luck
JTG

bobturner
07-15-2006, 10:08 PM
You might want to rent a floor buffer at your local rental place with a scrubbie pad too (the red one works best)to go along with the acid wash.When I used to do big floors in malls and schools its how we did it. We would have about six guys drag a large water soaked towell across the grouted floor to level the grout jounts and then buff it with a buffer. I prefer to get it as clean as possible while grouting, but your floor is not ruined by any means.

Andrew21
07-18-2006, 09:06 PM
I still have haze also..I scrubbed several times. Should I buy the haze remover from the big box stores?

Andy

jdm
07-18-2006, 09:31 PM
Andrew --

Have you tried scrubbing with white vinegar?