Granite Corner Shelf? [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Granite Corner Shelf?

cindytje
05-30-2006, 07:56 AM
I am looking for a granite corner shelf that would be put in my shower as a shampoo self. However, it just can't find a company that has them premade. Am I forced to pay top dollars to have it custom made or does somebody know of a company that does sell them? (probably color BLACK GALAXY)

THANKS FOR ANY HELP GIVEN!

Sponsored Links

Madison Mike
05-30-2006, 05:21 PM
Maybe John should start selling them from his house. He's in "Semi re-tar-ment" but for the right price he might find the time to set you up.

Mike
Madison, WI

Turangi
05-30-2006, 06:46 PM
If it were me I would buy a 12x12 tile, take it to a stone shop and have them split it diagonally and polish the long edge. I wouldn't think it would cost more than $20-30 including the tile. John.

austinpower
05-30-2006, 09:01 PM
Cindy, I put 2 granite shelves in my niche. I went to a Custom Stone installer here in town. They happend to have scrap pieces of granite and marble. I bought a 4'x5' granite piece for 10 bucks. I used my wet saw to cut the pieces and then sent them back to the place and had them polish them for me. The polishing was VERY expensive. I had them repolish all the sides of both pieces. Cost me $100!!! I called around town to several places and they were actually the cheapest in town.

stonemason777
05-30-2006, 09:44 PM
Especially the shelf configuration.

austinpower
05-31-2006, 09:03 AM
Thanks again Stonemason. :wave: