floating shower benches [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : floating shower benches

mctile
05-26-2006, 12:24 PM
I am about to float my first hot moped shower bench. My questions are these-How do I attach my lath to the hot moped surface without breaking the seal? If I use staples, how far do I stay off the bottom? Id there a more efficient method I could use?

Sponsored Links

stonemason777
05-26-2006, 12:36 PM
Okay, the only hot mops left these days are benches, planters, fountains and roman tubs and that's old school according to some. What is the bench constructed of and exactly what of the bench is hot mopped?

mctile
05-26-2006, 12:47 PM
This is an old shower that is about to be demoed and the homeowner wants to keep the bench inside the shower. I am being subcontracted through a G.C. and he is doing all the prep work. I tried to talk him into a rubber shower pan and liner instead of the hot mop but he had his mind set on the hot mop. We are using wonder board over green board for the walls and the shower pan, bench and curb are all getting hot moped. I have floated a couple of shower pans (where I did not need staples). I am a little confused as to how to secure the lath tightly to the hot mop so I dont have to float over a springy surface.

Oldrem
05-26-2006, 12:53 PM
Mctile - you sound like a pro. They usually ask pros to introduce themselves in the Pros Hangout for a friendly welcome. I think you'd get a lot more answers on hot mop over there. Still a lot of it done in Calif from what they say.