SLC on Hardibacker [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : SLC on Hardibacker

SVnewbie
10-12-2002, 06:58 PM
I just laid down my hardibacker and found an area (1' x 4')that was about 1/8" - 1/4" low. I was wondering if I could use a SLC to level out the floor. I am planning on using 13x13 tiles, so I think this degree of non-levelness would result in pretty noticable misaligned edges. The other option I was thinking about was using a medium set mortar to cover-up some of the levelling problems.
Thanks for help.

Sponsored Links

tileguytodd
10-12-2002, 07:33 PM
Mix up some Thinset a Lil loose. scree across low area.It doesnt need to be perfect.Scree it and leave it alone.

Rob Z
10-12-2002, 10:19 PM
Hi Albert

You need Da Leveler for this one. He'll be by tomorrow once he is done preparing for the NY Giants game. :)

I wouldn't try to screed thinset as a filler. I would use a medium bed mortar and level the tiles as they were set.

flatfloor
10-13-2002, 10:32 AM
Hi Albert, you don't work for John do you? :) (John has a helper by the same name)

SlC would be a waste of money, price of a gallon of primer and a bag of SLC would cost $50-60 and you wouldn't even use it all up.

I'll let the other guys discuss the alternates.

Now I'm going to put my helmet on for the game.;)