Someone that wants to look inside their tm-75 [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Someone that wants to look inside their tm-75

The new kid
04-07-2006, 08:26 PM
I just bought a new tm-75 from lowes. It was the last one so they gave me a good discount($140). I noticed after I brought it home that the main power cord was broken whick is usually a simple fix but upon further review, found that the internal wires were not connected. I'm wondering if anyone would care to pull the top off their saw and tell me what hooks to what?

Sponsored Links

Shaughnn
04-07-2006, 08:42 PM
Hi New Kid,
Sounds like you got the display model. Do you have your's open already? All I know about 'lectricity is that the green war is ground and that if the other two touch while the cord's plugged in, my teeth hurt. :D
If you haven't gotten your answer by the morning, I'll try to remember to go out into my shed and pop the hood on my TM-75. It's dark and rainy outside now and I'm already in my jammies or I'd do it tonight. :D
Shaughnn

Mike2
04-07-2006, 09:52 PM
How about a first name new kid? ;)

Here we go......

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/Jeep03/TM75Wiring.jpg

#1 is the power cord; #2 is the water pump cord; #3 On-Off switch; and #4 is the motor wiring harness.

Green wires from power and water pump cords get grounded to the case along with a yellow/green stripe wire from #4.

The white wires are crimp connected together along with a black wire from #4 (this black #4 wire has insulation stripped from the end).

The black wire from power cord goes to one side of the switch . The black wire from the water pump cord goes to other side of switch along with another black wire from #4 (this black wire has a screw terminal crimped to the end).

Remaining two black wires from #4 with white nylon female slip-on connectors go to the terminals of the starting capacitor. I don't think the order is important.

This help?

The new kid
04-07-2006, 10:19 PM
ya mike that helps tremendously. Austin's the name, home improvement's the game. This site is awesome by the way. I guess i'm missing the starter capacitor for my saw. Wonder where i could get one. Guess it teaches me to buy the display model.

Mike2
04-07-2006, 10:32 PM
Hi Austin:

Call Felker on Monday, they'll ship you out a capacitor pronto. 1-800-365-4003.

It has a special case with threaded mounting insert at one end so it's highly doubtfull you could find one with that particular style of mount at an electronics supply store.

:)

jdm
04-08-2006, 12:25 AM
I don't know how you should handle things with Felker. My guess is that the demo model is property of Felker and wasn't actually Lowe's to sell. But the folks at Felker are pretty nice folks and may help you out anyways.

The new kid
04-08-2006, 08:36 AM
Thanks for the info Mike. It's quite something that anyone can come on this site and have all the answers in just a couple of hours. I'll definitely call them on monday and ask for the part. I don't know any reason to tell them it's a display model so they should be accommodating but i'll let you guys know.