Use of Grout Release [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Use of Grout Release

bguido69
04-07-2006, 08:47 AM
Im getting ready to grout my kitchen and enryway. 13 inch ceramic tiles. I used them in the past and they are impossible to get all the grout out of the surface. Many..many hours of toothpicks for one bathroom. Some products say that you can use the grout release to aid in the cleaning of the tile while you grout.
1. It says to apply in a liberal manner. Will this grout release affect the application of the grout where it is supposed to go?
2. Any tips on using it or other products to help.
3. Does the grout release seal the tile for good, and should I clean the tiles prior to applying the grout release.
Thanks for the help. This forum has saved me many times in my project. bob

Sponsored Links

bguido69
04-07-2006, 08:48 AM
entryway would be the correct room.Sorry about the sp.

jdm
04-07-2006, 09:36 AM
If the tile is glazed then I doubt that grout release will be of much help. Grout release is usually used to prevent grout from sticking to porous tiles and stones.

If the tiles have pits and clefts in the surface, you could covering all but the edges of the surface with tape or even squares of contact paper. While that is tedious in itself, it may be better than using toothpicks.