Monument Seat in Kerdi Shower [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Monument Seat in Kerdi Shower

Billers
04-05-2006, 09:51 PM
Have been lurking on the forum for some time and it is a great resource. I am looking to install a full kerdi shower with kerdi pan and the whole shootin match. I want to build a seat in the shower and it looks like the monument seat John talks about is the way to go. What i want to know is what steps would I take if i were to do the monument seat with the Kerdi system would I put the kedi pan and underlayment down first then build the bench on the kerdi felt or is their a better way? I know you guys know waht you are doing so any help is apreciated.

Thank You
Brett

Sponsored Links

Madison Mike
04-06-2006, 12:50 AM
A lot of the mudslingers are at a trade show. Hang on for some solid Kerdi advice! I think there's been a few threads on this lately. If you don't get an answer soon do a search.

Mike
Madsion, WI

muskymike
04-06-2006, 07:21 AM
Hi Brett, welcome! I wouldn't build the bench on the Kerdi pan. You can make your own mud bed then set the bench and Kerdi everything. I make a base to set the bench on first then after the bench is done I'll float the floor.

bbcamp
04-06-2006, 07:36 AM
With the pan, build the bench on the subfloor first, cut the pan around the bench, then Kerdi everything.

Billers
04-06-2006, 10:16 AM
I was thinking of putting it on the subfloor and put the pan around it however I was wondering If I can put the mud directly to the drywall pre Kerdi?

JTG
04-06-2006, 11:42 AM
Sure

macbillybob
04-06-2006, 11:54 AM
You probably don't want all the gory details but here is a link to a pictorial history of my venture in to Kerdi world. I built a corner bench and then put in the mud floor.

http://www.billmcalister.com/bills_bath_remodel_project/index.html

Don't know if all I did was correct but I got a lot of help from this forum.

Here is the thread for my Kerdi project:
http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32967