Pics of finished steam shower - but new issue [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Pics of finished steam shower - but new issue

jfonta77
03-17-2006, 10:26 PM
Thanks everyone for your help on this site :clap1: . I could not of done this CORRECT without it. You all should charge for this type of service.. :x:

Sponsored Links

jfonta77
03-17-2006, 10:27 PM
sum more. :yeah: glad to be done... :nod: :nod:

Richard S
03-17-2006, 10:33 PM
beautiful job. Isn't it a great feeling to finally be finished & know it's built to last.

Davestone
03-17-2006, 10:36 PM
Ya got a fancy little shower there big shot. :D

muskymike
03-17-2006, 10:39 PM
Nice job Jason! :clap1:

nrcurcio
03-17-2006, 10:44 PM
Looks great!! I hope mine turns out as good...Any chance you can post a photo of the steam unit installed?? (auto flush too)

jfonta77
03-17-2006, 10:47 PM
thanks everyone. I'll post pics later. I acually installed it above the shower, on the ceiling/roof of the shower. Than just ran the lines down the wall. Very easy install and also easy to access in case any issues.

Autoplay
03-17-2006, 11:10 PM
What's your next tile/stone project gonna be? lol

davem
03-17-2006, 11:39 PM
Looks great Jason! :bow: Thanks for taking the time to post pics. :)

jfonta77
03-18-2006, 12:44 AM
redoing the basement. It was finished till it flooded. So we ripped out the carpet and took out everything wet and tossed it. So some time next few months I'll start that. I am going to tile the bar area and I am going to redo the bar area counter etc, may get real fancy with man town and tile the game room, pool table, air hockey etc. I was considering tiling the whole basement , but I think it would be costly so we'll probaly go with carpet.

jfonta77
03-18-2006, 12:50 AM
[QUOTE]Autoplay What's your next tile/stone project gonna be? lol

Sorry that my last post was for Auto.

If those darn corporate heads didn't take the qoute button off I would of not forgot. JK I am glad it's gone:lol1: :lol1: . But I really did forget. Figure I'd throw that one in for laughs. I read the post about the missing qoute button. PittyPat did you think I was on your side for a second? :stick: :lol2:

mosquito
03-18-2006, 07:13 AM
You all should charge for this type of service.. Ssshhhh! don't give them any ideas! But really, great job!

Davestone
03-18-2006, 07:30 AM
Flatfloor is our bill collector...at least that's what he told me when i paid my monthly dues, and avatar rental,and comma toll,and smiley rental.....hey,wait a minute! :bang:

flatfloor
03-18-2006, 12:29 PM
Dave, you didn't send your 401K contribution in yet.

Great shpwer, enjoy! :)

Marge
03-18-2006, 02:53 PM
Jason,

You wouldn't happen to have any BEFORE pics would you?

That is a great looking bathroom!

Marge

jfonta77
03-18-2006, 08:07 PM
You wouldn't happen to have any BEFORE pics would you?

I know I do somewhere but can not find them for the life of me. Bottom line it was a 1977 style bathroom with 2"x"2 tile PINK everywhere had it completely gutted. :yeah:

Davy
03-18-2006, 08:32 PM
Nice job, Jason. :nod:

jfonta77
03-18-2006, 10:16 PM
Ok tried out the new steam shower this moring and just went to take a steam. The shower walls, door and floor will still wet. Is this because the water tight enclosure? I have a transom and it was open.

Should I or can I install a fan in the shower enclosure to pull air and mosture out? If I can how would I as the tiles are up......on plus the roof/ceiling to the shower is open from above due to the cathdrel ceilings. I have a 5 1/2" light in there now is there any fan unit that would fit that space maybe even one with a light?????????

I thought this could be an issue When I was putting the silly cone to the door and it was shut I could tell the air was not getting in or out and got a bit light headed and then dizzy, ok I was buzzed:loaded::crazy: but what a hangover :sick:. I had the transom open too but real lack of air :x: movement will not really do much to get moisture out and cirlculate the air.

Levi the Tile Guy
03-18-2006, 10:23 PM
look very nice. Great job.

davem
03-18-2006, 10:34 PM
I leave my shower doors open after using it so air can circulate. Of course with bypass doors that's easy.

jfonta77
03-18-2006, 11:10 PM
i did that a 2/3rds of the day too. I'm thinking some type of fan then but what about finished ceiling or I have a 5 1/2" hole now for a light any products that may fit it?

Levi the Tile Guy
03-18-2006, 11:21 PM
You have a 5 1/2" hole without the light in it? If so, I wouldn't be using that shower until you get something in there to seal it.

pitterpat
03-18-2006, 11:22 PM
If those darn corporate heads didn't take the qoute button off I would of not forgot. JK I am glad it's gone . But I really did forget. Figure I'd throw that one in for laughs. I read the post about the missing qoute button. PittyPat did you think I was on your side for a second? :stick: :lol2:

Doesn't really matter, I can get along without it.

jfonta77
03-19-2006, 09:43 AM
I have a recessed light there now.

Crashguy
03-19-2006, 12:45 PM
Hi Jason,
Don't know if this would work but I helped a friend with a simialr problem.
We installed an "in-line" exhaust fan through a ceiling opening (an old light opening with no electrical in there). In-line units allow you to run the duct work out to a good location for the fan and then vent it. Typically, the fans are quiet and move lots of air. We installed a separate return vent line back to the shower room. If you already have a 'vent' opening of some type into the shower from the larger room that would be good as the exhaust fan will draw fresh air in through there. If your main door fits well when closed, you might need to add a small vent to the hall or adjacent room to reduce any negative pressure and improve air flow.
An example of the type of fan we used is here: http://www.fantech.net/inline_duct.htm
Hope this helps.
P.S. Wire the fan control into the main lights to the entrance of the room so the fan stays on when you are in the shower.
Martin

jfonta77
03-19-2006, 02:24 PM
thanks Crashguy
An example of the type of fan we used is here: http://www.fantech.net/inline_duct.htm

This may just work. Now with this setup where would the fan unit go? I have cathedral ceilings, so no real attic space. I do have about 5 feet of open space between the ceiling of the bathroom and the roof of the shower. SEE PIC. You can see the top of the shower where the plants are sitting on. There is a fan above that on the ceiling of the bathroom just above the roof of the shower. It is just a normal bathroom fan. Can I tie that type of unit into it somehow? :yummy:

Also I have a trascom in my shower door so I should not need a return right??? I think just that light/fan unit to suck the moisture/air out would work, hoping that I could tie it into the other fan above the shower somehow.

Crashguy
03-20-2006, 04:24 PM
Hi Jason,
Sorry, I was away and didn't see your post until now. The actual fan unit of the type you've seen can be placed anywhere and in any position. The fan unit could be in the space above, in the attic, anywhere all the way to the vent opening on exit. Bear in mind that lots of elbows makes for poor flow: typically, one 90 deg elbow is equal to 25 feet of straight run. Using flex pipe (Metallized) is usually best. That transom opening will work fine for air flow into the shower, but as I mentioned, with the bathroom door shut you might want a small vent somewhere out of sight that leads to another open area or room. In my case, my "intake" vent for the room is under a makeup counter (No cabinet) and connects to our bedroom behind the door. It's only 4" square and no one has even noticed it. Installing it has improved our airflow noticably when the main door is closed.
As for a tie-in to the exidting fan in the other area, that can be an issue if you don't use dampers in the ductwork in the lines. The installed fan has a specific rating for air volume and that performance can be addected by a 'branch' line. I would strongly suggest leaving the main room fan as is.
The negative pressure created in the room by the fan(s) is why I suggested the 'vent' into the main room.
Good luck. Martin