Rough-In Question for Kerdi Tray [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Rough-In Question for Kerdi Tray

mhknotts
03-08-2006, 02:08 PM
I have reviewed the rough-in instsructions for the Kerdi drain in the Reference Liberry :-) http://johnbridge.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28637&highlight=depth+kerdi+tray , and have a question about the diagram providing the rough-in details.

I am using the 48x48 kerdi tray, and need to know the thickness of the tray at the drain - so I know the thickness of "a" in the diagram. I checked out all the info, even the CAD drawings, that schluter has on their website and they don't have it.

I obviously don't have the tray in my possession yet, but need to finish my rough in. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Mike

Sponsored Links

bbcamp
03-08-2006, 02:13 PM
Mike, leave it several inches above the subfloor, then use in inside pipe cutter to trim it to lenght.

JTG
03-08-2006, 02:40 PM
I would have you do what Bob suggests also.
Leave the 2" pipe up aways and then when you have you tray and have set it in mortar you can cut the pipe off for a perfect fit.
Good Luck
JTG

Mike2
03-08-2006, 03:27 PM
Yep, go with that all advice Mike.

The tray will come with spacers and instructions on how to use them to cut the pipe off at the right distance below the sub-floor/slab. Back in that Liberry article you'll see a picher of an inside pipe cutter the guys are referring to for final cutting/assembly.

:)

mosquito
03-08-2006, 05:16 PM
I tried to get this information also. As you can see from the picture below, you can't tell exactly where to measure for your "a" height, and it also depends on how much thinset you end up with under the tray.

cx
03-08-2006, 06:53 PM
The little space thingees that come with the kit elevate the outside perimeter of the drain flange about 5/8ths to 3/4-inch, as I recall. It's prolly one of them there metric things where there ain't really no inches in there, know what I mean? That's on accounta them Schuters ain't from around here, doncha know. :)

I think it's still a good eye-dee to just let the rough riser a little long and cut it to fit when you have pan and tray onsite as has been recommended.

My opinion; worth price charged.