you guys gotta see this .... [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : you guys gotta see this ....

VanTines tubntile
03-06-2006, 06:08 AM
i just took these out of a house in upstate NY broke like 35 or so out of about 50 that were used as deco's in a backsplash thats when i thought to myself ( i bet these are really old maybe theye are worth something) turns out that they were made like 200 years ago. where do i find someone that wants them lol...... yes they are indeed for sale digging around online for like 3 days all i know is that they made in the netherlands or holland ..... and really old HELP me out here fellas im 28 isn't it time to retire...lol ,,,,,,,, my knees hurt ~JOB (like in the bible)~VanTine

Sponsored Links

Shaughnn
03-06-2006, 08:07 AM
Hello Van Tine,
Rago Arts (http://www.ragoarts.com/) in Lamberville, PA is an auction house that specializes in ceramics. There is a market for antique re-claimed tiles but it's particular about what it likes and what it doesn't care about.
As a side note, another member asked a very similar question last year about a cache of beautiful 3" round tiles that were discovered in a parishioner's basement. After seeing how much excitement and interest they generated here he convieniently never let us know what happened to them. My own suspicion was that he scammed the "old lady" who was trying to seel them to make her mortgage payment and took them for himself. Maybe I'm wrong but the experience left a really nasty taste in my mouth/fingertips. This story probably doesn't relate to your situation but I just wanted to share because I hate being party to such appearant dishonesty and this was the first opportunity I had to spout off about it.
Good luck with Rago Arts,
Shaughnn

feeln17
03-11-2006, 01:21 PM
drop me a note to feeln17@yahoo.com lets talk about them some.