forgotten threads [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : forgotten threads

cherylNcharge
10-17-2005, 09:46 AM
My husband has really been into this site and has received so much help from this forum. I did not know just how informatitive this site really was. He has accomplished some magnificent work that he gives credit to John's books and this sight. When he has new questions, to an old thread it seems as if the new questions go without notice. Should he start new threads with new questions or is there some way to let you guys know that there are fresh new questions on his post. I realilze each time there is activity the thread goes to the top, However I think it is recognized by title and not given the attention to the new info. Any suggestions would be thoughful.

Thanks for your help.

Cheryl

Sponsored Links

Mike2
10-17-2005, 10:04 AM
Hi Cheryl:

Is his User Name kellyM? If so I'll look up a couple of this past posts/questions and then provide some feedback.

Shaughnn
10-17-2005, 12:33 PM
Hi Cheryl,
When I check the site, I look to the most recent posts and those posts which haven't already had a moderator's attention . If I have time, I browse the other threads to see if I can contribute to the advice given by other moderators. I also look for threads that I might have sdome unique insight into. If your husbands threads are not being addressed, it may be because the subject line is not longer relevant to the thread (thread derailing is a common occurance). It is also possible that his threads just slip through the cracks as we moderators are expecting one of our own to pick it up, and it goes unaddressed. I'm fairly certain it's not an intentional slight but you never know with bowdark skulls like these lay-abouts. :D
If he hasn't gotten the answers he's looking for, he might consider changing the thread title to better reflect the project being discussed?
Shaughnn

cherylNcharge
10-17-2005, 04:29 PM
Hi guys thanks for your replies. I told him to change the title and he said he tried to do that without success. (did not have access or permision or some message like that). He did not like me posting this thread so I'm in a little trouble. He felt you guys would get to it. So if you can send me and email to tell him what to do to change the title of the thread I will have him do that. THanks for your help.

Cheryl

MarcusEngley
10-17-2005, 04:47 PM
Hi Cheryl,

A moderator has to change the title of the thread. If he posts to his thread and it bumps back up, have him put the new thread title he wants in his post and one of the Magic Mods will change it over for him...

Marcus

Mike2
10-17-2005, 04:50 PM
Cheryl, Moderator's have this special button and can change a Title, just let us know what to use.

You didn't mention his User Name and that's OK. But you can tell him my opinions however, Shaughnn's to of course.

Sunday night's we are usually light on help as is often the case during the regular work day when peoples are out making a real living ;). Then there is football and the World Series :D. So having to wait longer for Reply's during those time periods is "normal". Additionally, throwing in bunch of multiple questions into one post may result in more skipped views. Simply get's too hard when time is limited...maybe a human nature thing.

Be that as it may, if a question is not being addressed, "Bump" it by posting just that word and it will bubble back up to the top of the list. Hopefully that will help capture the attention of someone, someone who can answer the question(s) of course.

:)

MarcusEngley
10-17-2005, 05:08 PM
Bump.

Just practicing... :stick:

Mike2
10-17-2005, 05:23 PM
Who's out there??? Did I heard a knock on the door??....

oh well, musta been the neighbor's cat on the front porch.

:D

cherylNcharge
10-17-2005, 09:18 PM
Thanks guys. You're pretty awesome. This site is saving so much money it is unbelievable. It leaves more $$ for granite countertops, light fixtures, etc. :yipee: It's also great seeing him get excited about getting his hands dirty ( :crazy: me getting dirty with him). Mike2 - Yes is User Name is Kellym.
Cheryl

bbcamp
10-18-2005, 06:01 AM
If you got any $$$ left over at the end of your project, including the mandatory standing-around-with-adult-beverages-party, we'd appreciate you throwing a little at the CTEF. There's a link for donations in the online store.