Polishing Granite tile edge [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Polishing Granite tile edge

Dee Reynolds
07-22-2005, 08:13 AM
I am a newbie to this site and would love some expert advice!

I am installing a granite tile kitchen countertop and have finally decided how I want to edge – very stressful and frustrating decision mind you – weeks of agony. The edges I have considered include Bordura, wood trim, metal trim and ceramic tile. In the end, I decided I really like a square look – it goes with our simple craftsmen style cabinets. The plan is to place the countertop tile 3/8 inch (thickness of my tiles) over the counter edge then place a 2 inch strip directly under to cover the ply and backer board base – thus creating a square joint. I do not want the rough granite edge to show and want to polish it to match the top and edge for as seamless a look I can get with tiles and grout. How does the DIYer accomplish this?

I looked into having a local fabricator put a rounded bullnose edge but decided I really like the blunt square look.. Plus the cheapest I could find was $14 a foot… with the cost of the tile I am almost at the Bordura price. I really appreciate any help you have to offer. In case it matters, I am looking at either Absolute or Galaxy Black. Dee :)

Sponsored Links

kljorgensen
07-22-2005, 08:26 AM
MarbleWarehouse.com will polish the edges for you for an additional fee. They quoted me $5/ft for bullnose. Contact them about just polishing them w/o the bullnose.

Kris

muskymike
07-22-2005, 04:47 PM
Hi Dee welcome. Polishing edges can be spendy if you don't have the tools to do it. You or better off looking for a fabricator in your area to polish them for you.