Shapes of Tiles in shower. [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Shapes of Tiles in shower.

Daddyunicorn
06-12-2005, 03:23 PM
Getting ready to frame out the Curb for a neo angle. I am using pre made glass doors that come on a frame. Just have to attach it to the walls. My question is I want to build it out a bit, creating a 2in or so extension on each side and the frame will attach to it. Aren't there U shaped tiles for this application? That will go around a 2x4? HD don't have any. And I've searched around the site and Dal Tile and cant find any either. Can anyone point me to a site with this type of tile? Mainly I need to know the demensions so I build the correct Curb length.
If I attach a 2x4 (flat) to the wall, then lathe, mud and tile, should be about 2 1/2 inches right?

geoff "the professor"

Sponsored Links

Davestone
06-12-2005, 06:17 PM
I've never seen such an animal...but that doesn't mean it ain't out there. :)

Mike2
06-12-2005, 06:49 PM
I've never seen anything like that but a local potter's shop can make anything you like.

Daddyunicorn
06-14-2005, 09:51 AM
Bullnose Radius, thats pretty much what I meant. So that would mean 2x4, lath, mud, tile would equal 3inches?? Is this right??
Has anyone ever tried to use 2 corner edges to form a U around the door jam? This would remove the need for grout joint on the edge. Might look sweet.

geoff