My first tile job is just about complete - black granite and schluter (pics) [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : My first tile job is just about complete - black granite and schluter (pics)

kjdiver
05-15-2005, 07:50 AM
Check out what I was able to accomplish just by reading the messages on this board. My new kitchen (http://www.kjsnet.com/kitchencounterpics/)

This is the first time I ever tiled anything and it turned out much better than I envisioned. Now I just need to chaulk up a few areas and apply a sealant. Can't wait to start enjoying my kitchen.

Sure glad I found this message board! :yipee:

Sponsored Links

John Bridge
05-15-2005, 03:39 PM
Great looking job, KJ. :)

I'll make sure the Schluter folks see it.

ninemile
05-15-2005, 03:46 PM
PRetty hi tech looking, very nice job!!! :)

jdm
05-15-2005, 04:34 PM
Beautiful kitchen. Even more impressive considering the budget.

I've included one of your pics here to encourage folks to click on your link. :)

http://www.kjsnet.com/kitchencounterpics/images/IMG_0832_JPG_jpg.jpg

Mike2
05-15-2005, 06:05 PM
Hope you don't mind diver but I ate the orange :yeah:

dnlblank
05-15-2005, 07:27 PM
KJ,

Nice work. What is the material behind the stove? It looks like it is different than the rest of the backsplash.

David

kjdiver
05-16-2005, 04:15 PM
Thanks for checking out my pictures. I was only able to do it because of this message board.

It is amazing how far money can stretch when you always look out for the best deals and do the things yourself.

David - the material behind the stove is different. It is a sheet of white aluminum to protect the wall behind the stove. Was going to put a sheet of stainless steel but I thought it was time to draw the line somewhere.

-KJ

jadnashua
05-16-2005, 04:53 PM
When I did my kitchen, I looked at the stainless panels at the remodeling stores, and boy were they expensive for what they were. I stopped by a metal fabricator's shop, he got a piece of brushed stainless steel out of his shorts bin, cut it to size and GAVE it to me ( it was around Christmas - he said happy holidays). I was more than willing to pay for it, but it did brighten my day. If I had to pay for it, it would have been considerably less than the retail price.