measuring question [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : measuring question

flatjay
01-18-2005, 11:27 PM
Hi all, I am going to be tackling a tile floor shortly and had a question about measuring prior to starting. Could someone please describe the process they use to lay out their reference lines . The room I am doing is a basic rectangle with a couple of doorways.I would like to know what a pros thought process is. Its a rectangular kitchen with a island in the center and there is a doorway at each end of the kitchen,thanks

Sponsored Links

ChasR
01-19-2005, 02:07 AM
Your going to get a better response from the forum if you give specific info, such as room dimensions, tile size, etc. and ask specific questions. If, as you say, your just looking for the thought process I would suggest buying John's book. It will give you a whole lot more information than people are willing to type here.

Chas

John Bridge
01-19-2005, 07:57 PM
Hi Jay, you might not need my book, but you need somebody's book. :)

flatjay
01-19-2005, 08:27 PM
I will be ordering your book tomorrow,sounds like a great book with lots of info,cant wait

Davy
01-19-2005, 09:09 PM
Hi Jay, you need to figure out the most important place to start with a full piece of tile. Might be against carpet in a doorway, along a long wall or at a step that has a riser. The layout would start there. Do some reading and come back here with your questions. :)