saving favorites [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : saving favorites

Rob Z
04-09-2002, 07:16 PM
The thingy that I click on to save favorites is not responding. Any ideas on how to figure out why and fix it?

Yes, I could call Earthlink and see what they say, but hopefully someone here knows a quick trick and will save me the time on hold.

Sponsored Links

Cami A
04-09-2002, 07:31 PM
What browser do you have, Rob?

Rob Z
04-09-2002, 08:14 PM
Hi Cami

I have whatever the stuff is that comes with Earthlink. From my desktop, I click on the Earthlink logo to log on to the net.

It's an earthlink toolbar that is at the top of the screen.

If you want any more info I'm going to have to ask Christina.

Cami A
04-09-2002, 08:25 PM
Nope, you don't have to ask SWMBO. I don't have a clue. :D

JC
04-09-2002, 09:00 PM
Earthlink is probably using a relabeled Internet Explorer.
The fact that they are called "favorites" makes this pretty definate.

Perhaps one of our IE users can help you. I would'nt call the ISP for this...they might just laugh at you since it is a browser problem and not an ISP program....besides all they will tell you is to reload the earthlink spam software anyways.....better to just download a fresh copy of IE and then just enter the phone number of Earthlink into dial up networking.

JC
04-09-2002, 09:05 PM
Dial up networking....real easy to set up..

click my computer/dialup networking/then make new connection..insert the access phone number and your done..now next time you use your browser or any browser it will dial that number and prompt you for a password.

You can use any browser not just earthlinks IE.

Also need to know the mail server pop info...ie Mail.earthlink.com etc.. to set up your email if you need to although if you use outlook then that should not affect your browser.

flatfloor
04-09-2002, 09:07 PM
Easy, right Rob? ;)

Rob Z
04-09-2002, 10:44 PM
JC

Thanks for the info, but I ain't changing nuthin' on this confuser. I'll screw something up. I only go to three websites with any regularity as it is (JBS, JLC, Ontariotile), so the favorites thingy isn't really anything major for me.

Besides, SWMBO will be hatching soon, and I won't have any time for confuser antics anyway.:D

stullis
04-09-2002, 11:31 PM
Try turning the computer off and then turn it back on. That might do the trick for you. Then again maybe not.

Bud Cline
04-10-2002, 06:37 AM
That's right Rob, that's what Fateway Computer tells me every time Icall them.

"Well OK Mr. Cline I see you've been here before". "First thing to do"?

"Let's reboot"!

Hell try it Rob, you can't hurt anything.

Rob Z
04-10-2002, 08:00 PM
Aren't I rebooting each time I turn the damn thing on in the morning or the evening? Or not?

I have a Gateway, as well. And I still have the fantasy of blasting the infernal thing with the 12 GA.

Cami, any cartoons of a big guy blasting his confuser with a shotgun? If any one can find it, it will be you. :D

Cami A
04-11-2002, 07:28 AM
[b]The Professional Remington Computer Repair Kit
http://www.sheldon.com/shotgun/pics/tools-sm.jpg

Another Satisfied Customer
http://www.sheldon.com/shotgun/pics/monitor-hole-sm.jpg

Downloadable videos here. (http://216.239.39.100/search?q=cache:wUrzp-5I__sC:www.sheldon.com/shotgun/+12+gauge+computer&hl=en&ie=utf-8) :D

JC
04-11-2002, 02:49 PM
That is just too funny...what search engine do you use Cami to find these sites?

Cami A
04-11-2002, 03:16 PM
http://bleu.west.spy.net/~dustin/images/spy-vs-spy.img.png

Google, of course! I just typed in 12 gauge computer.

I never could find a thing with IE's default search engine. I like that Opera gives me a choice for my default search, and Google makes finding a picture simple with the images tab in their search results. There. Now you know all of my classified "Research Assistant" secrets. My cover's been blown...

Rob Z
04-11-2002, 03:21 PM
Cami :D

I just had one of THOSE days, so THANKS for putting a smile on my face! :D

flatfloor
04-11-2002, 03:28 PM
Google has just recently become my search engine of choice. From the day I started using searches I never liked IE.

Cami A
04-11-2002, 03:29 PM
Rob, is that baby ever going to come?

Rob Z
04-11-2002, 03:56 PM
Hi Cami

Original due date was May 8....based on today's trip to the DR, it looks like it may be any day now.

I may be conspicuously absent from this place pretty soon. Think John can get along without me?

Cami A
04-11-2002, 03:59 PM
Exciting and terrifying, eh?

We will, of course, demand photos in exchange for your absence. No excuses.

John Bridge
04-11-2002, 06:24 PM
John will have to have a better excuse than that. ;)

JC
04-11-2002, 08:17 PM
Googles my favorite also.

Ever use the Opera search? it will seacrh pictures only too..pretty good just discovered it the other day.

brandonksmith
04-11-2002, 08:59 PM
Try using Netscape 6.

Its really a great browser now.
When you click the browser search key it gives you a number of search engines to use, Google, Netscape, Lycos, GoTo, Looksmart, and overture.
It has some really neat multi-user functions too.

John Bridge
04-12-2002, 04:46 PM
Hell, just click on my search, and you'll get more than that. Not on this board but on the main site.

http://johnbridge.com/site_search.htm