quick curb installation [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : quick curb installation

bgronski
11-03-2004, 11:25 AM
Has anyone ever used "Quick Curb" shower dam? I have to do a shower pan far a friend. He purchased this quick curb, and I am not sure how to use it in regards to the pan liner. I think that the liner goes in the Quick Curb, but I am not sure. I cannot find any info on the web.

Thanks,

Brian

Sponsored Links

Davestone
11-03-2004, 02:54 PM
Yes,you put the pan inside the curb,and thinset it to the floor around the edges. :)

bgronski
11-03-2004, 07:04 PM
Dave

Do I have to thin set it in, or will my shower pan mud hold it?

John Bridge
11-03-2004, 07:46 PM
Hi Brian,

I've never used the things. I think Dave means to thin set the curb to the floor. Don't really know, though. :)

Why not just scrap the thing and do a regular curb?

bgronski
11-03-2004, 07:58 PM
I just poured the pre-slope, and I am not sure on how the liner is going to tye into the quick curb. I think I know how I am going to do it, but I am shooting from the hip on this one.

John Bridge
11-03-2004, 08:39 PM
Any way you can put up a picture of the quick curb?

bgronski
11-03-2004, 08:49 PM
John,
You know I always carry a camera in my truck, but never use it until the job is done. John I would love to shoot you a picture, but I am too tired to run over to the job site tonight. I have seen these used before, but never payed attention to how they are installed. They are real slick! It is a plastic mesh type form. they come in two foot lengths that inter lock together to make the length you need. It is basically an "H" shape with rounded over top. It is rigid and mesh like in that the mud will be able to be bonded to in the mesh openings.

JJC
11-04-2004, 04:37 AM
John,
I've used them before. Look inside the frame, there should be some nails (roofing type) on the inside near the top of one side. This is the outside edge of the curb. The liner hangs on these "pins" inside the curb. The inside of the curb length is cut a little shorter to accomodate the liner passing the curb ends and going into the shower. Everything is the same for the liner installation except the liner goes under the curb and hangs on the pins inside the unit. When you mud the pan, also do the curb at the same time. Remember to pack the curb well. Good luck.

bgronski
11-04-2004, 01:59 PM
I just finished it up. It sure was easy! That is the only way to go. I will send some pictures in a while.