Finished Entry...Pictures [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Finished Entry...Pictures

Monicakm
08-29-2004, 01:13 AM
DH is (mostly) finished with this phase of the remodel :yipee: ...entry and guest room. Still need to varnish the baseboards and do some cleanup. I let him slip out of my grasp and he headed to the deer lease so there's no telling WHEN this last 1% will get finished :crazy: The grout is not this light. It blends almost perfectly with the travertine but the flash makes it a lot lighter. Here are a few pictures. I hope I have them sized appropriately. Thanks for all the advice and tips :)
#1 Figuring out the layout
#2 Covering up the pretty Pro"RED" floor <lol>
#3 Cutting and beveling
#4 Messy MESSY job!
#5 Daltile's Mediterranean Ivory Travertine w/ Dark Emprador inserts

Have two more photos but will have to put them in a new message.
Monica

Sponsored Links

Monicakm
08-29-2004, 01:19 AM
I know you GUYS aren't interested in bedroom makeovers :) so this last one is for the ladies on the forum :)

Monica

branty1uk
08-29-2004, 01:55 AM
The floor looks great.

Monicakm
08-29-2004, 02:52 AM
Thank you :)
Branty 1uk asked if we cut the niches out ourselves. Yes, my husband did.
Monica

davem
08-29-2004, 07:13 AM
Looks awesome! I bet your husband appreciates being plastered all over the web too. ;) :D

tileguytodd
08-29-2004, 07:53 AM
Very Nice and very proffessional looking.
Now, the question is this.
After all was said and done, how much time did you have in this project?
Also, how much was spent buying tools etc to complete this project?

I am curious to see if you actually saved money over a proffessional installation and how much of a time differance over having a pro do the job there would be.
Its just a curiosity,nothing more or less.Ya'll really did do a fabulous job :)

Monicakm
08-29-2004, 05:14 PM
Thank you Todd :)
I couldn't really tell you how much time DH had in this project. It was done on weekends in conjunction with the adjoining room remodel (paint, new base, crown molding, carpet and window treatments). He had all the tools for the job already. He did buy a new $100 blade (I guess for his wet saw??)
He has an arsenal of tools (but not as many has he WANTS!) My husband is a floor installer by trade. Mostly carpet and wood but has experience with ceramic too. The only natural stone he's installed has been our own. He also did our kitchen remodel which included porcelain tile, granite tile countertops and tumbled travertine backsplash. He did his own templating for the undermount sink. In fact Todd, he's built a good part of this house. We're very fortunate that he's gifted with "construction smarts"...it saves a LOT of money. Also, working for a builder's interior design shop, our materials are bought at cost (all kinds of flooring, stone/ceramic carpet, window treatments, etc). So, it's not like he was a novice "weekend warrior" :) Thank you again for the compliments!
Monica