Is there a market out there for plastic wall tiles? [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Is there a market out there for plastic wall tiles?

jenyfer9
06-28-2001, 04:53 PM
I'm just curious if there is anyone out there who has an interest in plastic wall tiles... I may soon be ripping some yellow, salmon-colored, red, maroon, and white tiles out of a house. Would there be a market for them or should I just toss them?

Sponsored Links

Bud Cline
06-28-2001, 05:11 PM
jenyfer9,

I wouldn't be surprised if you did find a market for some of that stuff, seems that most everything has a place and a second chance now-a-days.

I can tell you though, in removing these plastic tiles several times in the past I find that they "pop off" very easily and you can in fact salvage most of them in their original form. The adhesive is a different story tho.

If it was me I'd use them to fill the closest dumpster. But hey what do I know?

Sonnie, what do you think?

Bri
06-28-2001, 06:02 PM
I'd stick them in a yard sale...some people will buy anything...

Rob Z
06-28-2001, 07:41 PM
Jenyfer9

I've never heard anyone express an interest in plastic tile, but that's just my small experience.

Don't people sell some really off the wall (no pun intended) stuff on EBay? There's gotta be someone somewhere that absolutely has to have those plastic tiles to make their remodeling project a success.

Good luck,

Rob

John Bridge
06-29-2001, 08:26 AM
I don't know about a market, but if you come back here and tell us you've made a lot of money on plastic tiles, I'm going to be really upset. I've thrown them away in the past.

diane_holmes
07-01-2001, 04:30 PM
Hey, retro is really in. I assume these are at least 20 years old??? Try out Ebay. Make a mint. Put that money into beer for your tile buddies.

Diane, passing through on her way to email John

John Bridge
07-01-2001, 05:07 PM
Hi Diane,

Where ya been hidin'?

Plastic tiles are retro retro. I don't think they've been used for about 40 years at least.

Bobmac
02-15-2004, 12:36 PM
I believe there is a market. I am currently looking for 80 square feet of the light grey with the darker grey swirl on it. I would even take a plain light grey.

Does anyone know of a manufacturer or outlet where these tiles can be purchased?

jjwq8
02-16-2004, 01:51 AM
Is there a market for plastic tiles?

Yes, of course there is..........

It's called...................

Legoland :D

John Bridge
02-16-2004, 05:52 PM
Hi Bob, Welcome. :)

Don't pay a lot of attention to Jeremy. He's a limey. You know how they are.

:D

milwoodpreferred
02-26-2004, 09:47 AM
I am currently looking for about 4 dozen plastic tiles any color. I am painting them. The size is 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 x 1/16. I have done this before with very good luck.

John Bridge
02-26-2004, 04:11 PM
Hi Milwood, Welcome. :)

If you register, you'll be able to email other members direct using our server. The thread you replied to is fairly old, but maybe the tiles are still available.

homerjay
07-29-2004, 02:18 PM
anyone have any sugestions on how to remove the adheasive?

ohnoilostmynameny
10-01-2004, 07:02 AM
Hello,

Yes, I believe there is a market for old, used plastic wall tiles. I'm renting a home with two bathrooms covered with them. Some are quite damaged and I'd like to find replacements. Because it's not my house, I'm not interested in redoing the rooms, just a little repair.

Try listing them on eBay, that's where I'm looking next.

Susan

Unregistered
10-24-2004, 07:53 AM
I am currently looking for about 4 dozen plastic tiles any color. I am painting them. The size is 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 x 1/16. I have done this before with very good luck.

Hi, heard you've painted tiles, plastic ones! What's the trick? Can you give me the paint and preparation?