Pictures [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Pictures

proszkow
08-25-2004, 08:33 AM
Just finished tiling my shower and thought I'd show a few pictures. Not perfect but I'm pleased with the results so far. Still need to finish the main bath floor and front of the tub deck. Then caulk/grout/seal.

Finished tiling the curb last nite. Looks good.

Then pray the shower is waterproof and everything drains.

ps. Did I say thanks for all the help. I will probably need more before I'm done.

Alex

Sponsored Links

proszkow
08-25-2004, 08:43 AM
more pictures.

I got a blister nipping away at the tile around the drain.

Alex

davem
08-25-2004, 10:09 AM
Very nice work Alex, looks great! :cool: :bow:

proszkow
08-25-2004, 10:21 AM
Dave, where are you in Canton? I'm in Troy, MI and also a systems/project engineer (Army stuff).

There are a bunch of things I would have done differently. A border around the outside of the shower entrace would have looked better and probably easier than trying to join drywall and CBU/tile at the corner. Tiling the whole outside shower wall would have looked even better I think.

Also, I should have been a bit more careful on the cuts. A few gaps are a bit too big.

The last thing that would have helped is laying my wall tile (at least the bottom row) before I did the final mud slope. It would have been nice to have a perfectly level reference (relative to my tile) to set my slope. At the time I didn't feel confident enough to try and my slope is not as straght at the walls as I would have liked. Forced me to make a number of tough cuts.

davem
08-25-2004, 11:12 AM
Alex, I'm at the south east edge of Canton, near Cherry Hill and Haggerty.

You'll find that grouting and a few days of not staring at it will make a lot of the imperfections fade away. Especially if your grout color blends with the tile rather than contrasts ;)

bbcamp
08-25-2004, 11:58 AM
Yeah, stop staring at it and being so picky! Consume a couple of adult beverages, then check it again. It'll look better! :D

Seriously, though, nice work!

John Bridge
08-25-2004, 07:16 PM
Well now that you've completely torn your job apart, I'm going to withold the compliments I was going to lavish upon you. :D

It looks great, Alex. I'm totally impressed with the little tiny points around the drain. A lot of pros would have simply poked grout in there. The rest of the job looks very "workmanlike," not a bad thing at all. :)

doitright
08-25-2004, 07:53 PM
Hi Alex :)

The job looks great! Nice attention to detail.

About all those things bothering you -

Follow one of my motto's -

"If it looks good before you grout it, it's going to look twice as good after you grout it!" (Providing you do a good grout job!)

"A good grout job can save a mediocre tile job."

"A bad grout job can ruin a good install!"

Get it grouted, and let's see what you got! :D