Tile edging on Corian countertop [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Tile edging on Corian countertop

dugfred
08-22-2004, 11:06 PM
Here is a crazy idea. I've never seen this done, but do you suppose you could run tile along the edge of a corian countertop to create a unique edging effect?

Corian edges are REALLY expensive, and I don't believe you can get an upturn at the end (bullnose is that called?) like you can easily get in tile or laminate.

Tile adhesive probably wouldn't adhere to the Corian well, but maybe the Corian installer could attach something to the Corain like wood edging that the adhesive would stick to.

If it didn't work, what a glorious and expensive failure...

Sponsored Links

Davestone
08-23-2004, 04:51 AM
Sinkrail is the name of it,i wouldn't if it was me,but if i did i would create it out of stone pieces, then you could create that effect easily with grinding and sanding, then epoxy it on,no wood.

Mike2
08-23-2004, 08:50 AM
Hi Fred, that your name? Just stopped by to say hi.

Don't know nothing 'bout Corian except 7 years or so ago my wife had a small bath vanity top made outta it, unstalled price was a meer $175/sq. ft. And that was the top only, did not include an interegrated sink bowl. Ouch. That won't happen again. :shake:

John Bridge
08-23-2004, 06:47 PM
Welcome aboard DugFred. :) Clarify that name for us, will ya? ;)

I'm with Dave. The only way would be to do something with epoxy. I wouldn't consider trying to do a conventional tile job around the edge. Maybe, if you use caulking between the tiles and corian, but man, I hate caulking. :D

dugfred
08-24-2004, 10:52 PM
Doug is the name. Enjoying the posts from everyone. You folks sure are helpful.

I'll be tiling my kitchen soon, so more questions to follow...