diagonal tile backsplash problem please help [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : diagonal tile backsplash problem please help

pyler
08-20-2004, 10:26 AM
I am installing a 4 inch square tile backsplash that has a diagonal pattern 2 rows up from the counter I am having a problem in the corners where the diagonal tiles meet, they are not matching up. The tile is white and the diagonal is a green glass tile. Unfortunately, I hired a relative to do the work, and I soon found out he doesn't know what he is doing.I am sorry I don't have a picture, it seems like the diagonals should have a border at the corners instead of the diagonals meeting each other unevenly in the corners. Does anyone have a picture of a sucsessful backsplash? He wants to grout it today and it really looks bad HELP!!!!!!! Any sugestions will be graetly appreciated. Thank You... Cindi

Sponsored Links

jgleason
08-20-2004, 11:44 AM
Hi Cindi,

Take a look at this thread for some ideas (http://johnbridge.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=13474&page=2&pp=15&highlight=diagonal+wrapping) There asre some good pictures in there!

Rd Tile
08-20-2004, 03:13 PM
Here's another one, the tile should look like it folds around the corners.:)

kurtafs
08-20-2004, 03:38 PM
The easiest way for me was to save the returns. In other words, after cutting the tile for one side I would save the other peice for when I got to the other side of the wall. This usally worked for me.