Ditra question [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Ditra question

castle.stone
08-19-2004, 07:24 PM
Hi, I'm about to work with Ditra over concrete in a basement. I'm using a Porceline tile and know that I need unmodified thinset (Kerabond). I also have a job coming up that I'm using Ditra over concrete with regular ceramic tiles. Do I still use unmodified??? Also, what suggestion do you have for a trowel size? 1/4 x 3/8???

Thanks a bunch... :bow:

Sponsored Links

John Bridge
08-19-2004, 07:32 PM
Hey Curtis, Where ya been hanging out? ;)

Schluter has gone to specifying non-modified dry set for any tile installed over the Ditra membrane. You need to keep the mix semi-fluid -- not runny but loose -- when installing the tiles. Make sure the backs of the tiles make good contact with the mortar, and do not allow the mortar to over-glaze or skin over.

castle.stone
08-20-2004, 01:32 AM
Things have been a mess around here, our family has been hit very hard lately. My grandfather was murdered in Vernon, BC during a violent home invasion. It has left our family in a state of shock. I have been enjoying the forum, it's kind of an escape for me lately, but I haven't felt up to chatting too much.

On a side not John, I just bought the Felker Tilemaster from Joe at Construction complete along with three extra blades (MK 10" glass blade, TM-7 10" and 7") I made absolutely sure to specify that you were to get credit for the sale, I just wanted you to know so you can check in and make sure that you are getting your cut. They were awesome to deal with and I got everything very very fast.

Take care,