Bad Advice [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Bad Advice

Clowny
08-16-2004, 02:53 PM
Just wanted to share what I overheard in the HD Expo.....

A customer was asking about shower pans - did he really need to have one installed with his new shower. The sales person replied that he did NOT REALLY NEED IT!!!!!!!!! He could have it installed or not - there was no real difference. :twitch:

I did not feel comfortable interrupting their conversation, but I did ask my sales person to get with the Bad Advice sales person and tell her NEVER to tell anyone that again.

Sponsored Links

Steven Hauser
08-16-2004, 04:38 PM
:)

Yep,

I avoid the tile and countertop departments at HD or Lowes if anyone is in the aisle.

Can't tell you how many times I felt I was defending proper installation prcatices.

:D

John Bridge
08-16-2004, 07:27 PM
. . . and the beat goes on. :)

I thought Expo was supposed to be a design center. Now they have installation experts working there?

FireWrks7
08-17-2004, 03:18 AM
Nooope John, its a sell-their-crap-to-unsuspecting-people-who-think-the-store-is there-to-help-them center. Don't forget their salespeople are industry professionals. :laugh2:

Anthony

statjunk
08-17-2004, 01:08 PM
You know going into professional grade places doesn't gaurantee that you are getting professional grade people. The dollar wins the day. I went into an electrical supply store intended for contractors (ie just a counter) the other day. I asked a question that any even moderately competant electrician should have known and I was told by the guy, "I don't know electrics and neither does anyone here, we just sell the stuff."

Tom

John Bridge
08-17-2004, 06:39 PM
Well, I wouldn't buy my electrics at that place.

:D