Saying Hello [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Saying Hello

Cowboy Casey
12-10-2020, 02:42 PM
Love me some forum... I am "researching" now, it takes me forever because I want the best and easiest way to get something done right the first time...

I am planning to DIY a complete pool from start to finish.. I will be tiling the whole pool as it is one of the best ways to easily take care of the water... I have been on Troublefreepool for 8 years now and have become pool crazzy...

Hoping to pick everyone's brain and show off a nice looking pool when I am done..

The power and equipment is already done so I have that going for me...

Sponsored Links

cx
12-10-2020, 05:21 PM
Welcome Casey. :)

I don't understand this part. I will be tiling the whole pool as it is one of the best ways to easily take care of the water...

Tool Guy - Kg
12-10-2020, 06:59 PM
Welcome to the forum, Casey! :wave:

condo-owner
12-10-2020, 07:40 PM
Welcome Casey. :)

I don't understand this part.

easier to clean ?

jerrymlr1
12-11-2020, 12:41 AM
I will be tiling the whole pool
That's a pretty big undertaking. What is the pool shell made of? Gunite? Fiberglass?

Cowboy Casey
12-11-2020, 07:44 AM
Tile is easier to keep clean than a pebble or even normal plaster, plaster will react with water and depending on the CSI of the pool water can eat the plaster away at an alarming rate.. If your CH is high it can scale the plaster to the point you need to do an acid wash..

None of that happens with tile, you do get some reaction with the grout as it and plaster are really a cement product..

Tile has a slick surface and therefore it is easier to clean, have you ever felt a plaster or pebble pool, they are like sand paper and things can easily stick to them, algae can get a foothold into that structure where it has a harder time with tile..

At trouble free pool we believe less is more, do not put anything in your pool that is not needed... I have an above ground pool now with a salt water generator. It creates chlorine and I use muriatic acid to keep the PH down, those 2 products are the only thing I have used in my pool for about 4 years now, it is so clear you can read quarters on the bottom... I do have to add salt once a year for the SWG because of water runoff in the spring..

And a Tile pool is just awesome to look at..

The pool is not built yet, I will be doing the complete project with my nephew, using subs to do the main work like the plans and the
Gunnite/shotcreteshell.. We will be doing the digging, rebar, plumbing, lights, waterproofing, tile, and deck. The power and equipment are already done but the equipment will need to be moved to the new deck pump area.

Because I am doing the tile I can do a little at a time and it will not hurt it unlike a plaster, it has to be done all at once then submerged in water, not tile... You need to wait for everything to set, most recommend 30 days till you fill with water so this lends perfectly to DIY as really there is no rush..

Great questions :)