Which Grout to use with Peygran 1/51 Tile [Archive] - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

PDA

View Full Version : Which Grout to use with Peygran 1/51 Tile

Perfecto1
08-04-2019, 12:49 PM
Hey Everyone, Long time lurker , First time poster here .

General Contractor here :

We recently did a bunch of tiling using Peygram 1/51 Leveling clips at my personal house, awesome system and was wondering which grout to use with such a thin grout line.

On one of the floors, I tried Mapei Flexcolor CQ and the aggregate is just too large.
I ended up using Prism Grout, which worked OK, but still had aggregate .

My question is, what grout would you recommend for a 1/51 grout line, preferably something without aggregate .

Im leaning towards the Quartz lock 2.

Thanks in Advance .

Sponsored Links

Davy
08-04-2019, 12:59 PM
Have you looked into a nonsanded grout?

Perfecto1
08-04-2019, 01:56 PM
I wanted to try something other than a cement grout. Unless you can recommend something ?

Aiming for color consistency and stain resistance .

cx
08-04-2019, 03:12 PM
Welcome, Rich. :)

You do recognize that the ceramic tile industry recommends an absolute minimum of 1/16th of an inch for grout joints between ceramic tiles, yes?

Perfecto1
08-04-2019, 05:37 PM
Yes, lol but what does that mean? no grout for me?

Its Porcelain tile if it makes a difference.

cx
08-04-2019, 06:17 PM
Porcelain tile is ceramic tile, Rich.

Not having any idea what your application might be, I can't tell if no grout at all is a viable option.

I think Davy's suggestion above is your only real choice if you want to grout the installation.

My opinion; worth price charged.

Perfecto1
08-04-2019, 06:47 PM
Interior floor, no grout is not an option.

What about epoxy grout? Do they contain aggregate ?

Davy
08-04-2019, 07:49 PM
Yes, it has sand but it's fairly fine. I believe Spectralock says 1/16 is the smallest for their grout. I understand what you're talking about, there have been a lot of shading problems with unsanded grout. I probably would have made my joints a little larger if I wanted to avoid nonsanded grout.

Perfecto1
08-05-2019, 05:37 PM
I guess i'll have to stick with unhanded. Whats everyone preferred choice?